New York City is a vibrant and exciting place with plenty to see and do. Here are a few suggestions for a weekend trip:
- Visit the iconic Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island to learn about the history of immigration to the United States.
- Take a stroll through Central Park and enjoy the beautiful greenery and various attractions, such as the Central Park Zoo and the Bethesda Fountain.
- Check out the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) or the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met) to see some of the world’s finest works of art.
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge for great views of the city and the harbor.
- Take in a Broadway show or catch a performance at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- Explore the neighborhoods of SoHo, Greenwich Village, and the Upper East Side for great shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- Visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum to pay your respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
- Visit Times Square, known as the “Crossroads of the World” and a major commercial intersection, and home to the Broadway Theater District and many other attractions.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in New York City. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something that appeals to you!